EDINBURGH BUG & OLD POP VID NEWS!

THERE’S A BUG ON YO FRINGE

Hey you! The blogsteady crew!

We’re taking BUG to the Edinburgh Fringe this year! We won’t be doing the whole 4 weeks because I’m no longer young/determined to be on TV/insane, but I’ll be there for the last 5 nights from 25th – 29th August at The Pleasance (10.30pm each night).

The shows should be around 90 minutes and will consist of my favourite music videos from this year’s London BUG shows as well as You Tube comments and a few of my own music and video bits and pieces, some of which would be familiar to people who have seen me doing non BUG live stuff recently. It’ll be more or less the same programme each night though the fun of doing a little run like this is shuffling things about and introducing new nuggets here and there from show to show. I’m a nugget shuffler.

I’m looking forward to being back in Edinburgh hugely. In many ways I feel I am Scottish. Half English, a third Australian and half Scottish. So I hope you’ll come and join me for what promises to be a very moving half-homecoming. Altogether now: “Och, Mr Henderson! You’re horting ma totties!”

Book tickets for EDINBURGH BUG HERE

Here’s a couple of old Adam & Joe directed music vids to get you in the mood. That’s my Dad (BaaadDad) in the Frank Black vid and the promos we spoofed in the Gorky’s vid were Addicted To Love, Bittersweet Symphony, Song Two, Firestarter and No Surprises. Though I have no doubt in my miniature mind that Frank & the Gorks would be happy for me to post these (they were the official promos in both cases), it’s a little nerve wracking to post anything with commercially available music in it nowadays. I feel as if You Tube is just waiting for me to put a foot sufficiently wrong and my channel will just vanish in a puff of fartsmoke one morning. I know I could just not post anything that was problematic, and indeed I have been holding back a few things that I think would increase the hotness of the rights water too extremely but really, can’t a guy have some fun with the music he loves after all the money the guy has spent and continues to spend on this shit? Especially as we have to watch ads in front of an awful lot of You Tube content now. (In Australian accent) Come on mate! Ease off! Yeah? Mate!? Daphne?

Filed under BUG and VIDEOS & CLIPS and VIDEOS I DUN

• Dear Uncle Buckles,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for:

a) Single-handedly saving BBC Radio One. b) Providing me with some genuine belly-laughs via the A&J podcasts during this three-week work visit to Calgary that I’m on. I’ve been very lonesome and feel like I SHOULDN’T EVEN BE HEEEEEEEEEEEERE. I’ve still got two weeks to navigate, but my solar-powered Sex-Bot 3000 – complete with computerised tits and remote controlled fanny – is almost finished so I should be okay from here, thanks.

I felt a bit emotional when you and Dr Sexy signed-off from your latest run – you’d both better be back in the not-to-distant furture or else there’ll be trouble. You feel me, yo?

I’m really looking forward to getting to one of the BUG shows at the Fringe. It’s good to see that you’re keeping yourself occupied in the wake of Cornish Patsy’s sky-rocketing career.

Keep up the excellent work. Love you, bye.

Andy (94% whole man)

P.S. Who does Brighton beach think plays the best Bond? PIERS Brosnon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Andy Thirlwell — July 3, 2011 @ 1:07 am

• Tickets booked for the Saturday show, I shall be there with bells on!

I look forward to the 400 mile train journey.

Comment by Pali Jones — July 3, 2011 @ 11:02 pm

• Welldone Adam Bucks tonnes of funs. My Dad used to tape the Adam & Joe show for me and my brother when we were wee nippers. Toy stories, people places and BaaaaaaadDad, amazing! Go VHS! Still got them in the archives somewhere! Keep up the good work in the grizzly bizzle with your television face and audibleness. From one of your appreciators.

PS: Please send any extra BBC monies that won’t fit in your slim-line sports wallet.

Comment by Mogs — July 4, 2011 @ 12:01 pm

• Hey Ad. As a Glasgow-liver I just wanted to let you know that, despite the vast distances involved, I have bought tickets to FringeBUG. I have convinced two of my friends to come with me. We’ve booked the Saturday… sure to be the hottest night of the run!

Anyway, I also came up with this bit of poppropriation when I opened my fridge earlier this evening:

Crunch Corners! Yoghurts in disguise!

(to the tune of the old Transformers theme song)

If just one person who reads this blog sings this in the chilled aisle of a supermarket, my work will be done. Crunch Corners! Yoghurts in disguise! yeah

Anyway, roll on August! Loveyoubye

Comment by Russell — July 4, 2011 @ 10:25 pm

• Or should that be yogurt? Hmmm…

Comment by Russell — July 4, 2011 @ 11:01 pm

• Hey Adam. You’ve probably seen this already, but in case you haven’t: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfeyUGZt8nk&feature=player_embedded

p.s. Thanks for the wonderful radio show. I hope there are more to come.

Comment by i ate a bee — July 5, 2011 @ 3:28 am

• Just an idea young Buxton: How about creating a separate YouTube channel for the more ‘could get you kicking in the goolies by YouTube for using other people music’ content?(Like that ace Steffani one). Then if it gets assimilated it won’t affect the other vids that have loads of views on your regular channel… Just a thought sir. Continue being generally ace,

yours

Jonathan

P.S. Please post that How-To-Spot-Moby vid from the BUG special. That had me in stitches!

Comment by Jonathan Reed — July 10, 2011 @ 2:12 am

• Buckles, I’m a long-time admirer and love the A&J show and all things A&J related (see you at Latitude at the weekend!!! WOOHOO!). I think it’s very fair to say that you are my hero. One particularly juicy nugget of fun you’ve been responsible for, and which I have never been able to track down, is the Shock Video series that you and J-Balls did back in about 2000-ish. Have you (or anyone) got access to these, and can anyone whack them up on youtube? There’s only so many times you can watch the Morten Gungle clip, and I reckon there must have been about 10 of these shows, constituting hours of slightly guilty amusement. LOVEYOUBYE! Big Dave

Comment by Dave Vincent — July 13, 2011 @ 12:25 pm

• Rooty Toot Adam. V. much looking forward to the show.

I’m hoping that you will remember me as the person who sent in the ‘what do you do if you find a trumpet growing in your garden’ joke. You made my boss cry twice. Bravo!

The two things which are guaranteed to make me laugh are, beared men in ladies clothes and / or lipstick and English people doing Scottish accents. So, go on, hort my tatties!

Comment by Armida — July 13, 2011 @ 10:47 pm

• HEY BUG TEAM!

I have a suggestion to add a link to purchase tracks featured in Bug from a given site, for example iTunes or Amazon or anywhere else suitable. It wouldn’t have to be a specially made Bug compilation album, just a link to the tracks to save us the time of searching for them. I’d certainly be interested in it!

Great show on Thursday. When are you next in Leicester?

Comment by Samuel — July 16, 2011 @ 4:23 pm

• Edinburgh resident here… very pleased that you’re coming up to the Fringe with BUG. I’m all poor and everything at the moment but i’m making allowance for seeing Dr. Buckles and BUG.

Comment by Lindsey — July 16, 2011 @ 5:41 pm

• Hey Dr Buckles, just a quick THANK YOU for coming to Bristol this weekend with BUG. You were the highlight of the Comedy Garden festival, and you certainly didn’t look like you were dressed like a child. Gwen Staffani video was awesome and I nearly wet myself at several points in the show. I hope you’re proud of making people nearly incontinent. I would be! LoveyouBYE!!!

Comment by Becky — July 25, 2011 @ 1:05 pm

• Dear Buckles,

I’m a man living in Shanghai (in China). I’m a big fan of the Adam & Joe show so I checked out your website, which is not considered a thread to the People’s Republic evidenced by the fact that it isn’t blocked, and heard about wonderful BUG. Sadly, You Tube IS blocked, so I can’t see any of your wonderful videos of BUG. As a result, I have no idea what BUG is. What is it? Can you describe it for us? The people of China are curious.

P.S. avoid any references to Tibet, Taiwan or Tiananame….

Comment by Tom — August 1, 2011 @ 5:20 am

• The SaltMan!

Comment by Michael — August 18, 2011 @ 8:30 am

• What we all need is another mixtape!

Comment by Jon Bowen — August 22, 2011 @ 8:25 am

• Hey Adam. Have you seen this music video for French duo Zombie Zombie? It’s an amazing stop-motion action figure homage to Carpenter’s The Thing:

THAT IS ALL

Bye!

Comment by i ate a bee — August 24, 2011 @ 4:20 pm

• Heylo Count Buckuleez fans.

I happen to have a spare ticket for the BUG show on the Saturday night show after one friend who was going to come died.

Ok he didn’t really die but he is dead to me after choosing to go to a party instead of coming to see BUG.

If you’d like it please feel free to drop me an email. Happy to sell at face value (of the ticket – I wont expect more if you are ugly).

Email address is mr(dot)c(dot)hall(at)gmail(dot)com

I have no idea why people use (dot) instead of ‘.’ but I’ve seen other people do it and I want to be cool like them….

Comment by Chris Hall — August 24, 2011 @ 4:47 pm

• Best show of the fringe bar none. You joked at the start about winning the Perrier but if you had done the 4 weeks it would have been a certainty. Funniest show I have seen in years.

Keep up the good work and feel free to come up and see us in Edinburgh more often!

Comment by Marco — August 28, 2011 @ 1:00 am

• OK, the FringeBUG last night was absolutely superb. Haven’t laughed so much in ages. I got slightly hypnotised by the welcome video though… I reckon you should stick it on your channel and whisper subliminal messages in the background. The potential is unlimited. The legalities are questionable.

Anyway, best show I’ve seen in many a while. Bye!

Comment by Russell (the Glasgow-liver) — August 28, 2011 @ 6:45 pm

• Thanks for putting on a great Edinbug last night, fantastic stuff. Even the slightly threatening/creepy intro/outro video of you on your bike. The longer it went on the more it started to look like you’d just pasted your head on to someone else’s body with Photoshop.

Bought some new music today by bands I’d previously never heard of and have lots of youtube goodness to share with friends.

Keep it up, love you, bye!

Comment by Mike — August 28, 2011 @ 7:26 pm

• I drove 5 hours last night to see the last bug in Edinburgh and was not disappointed. The YouTube comments are remarkable. Keep it up.

By the way Party Pom Pom is still in my head and should be our new national anthem. I am sure the Queen would approve.

Comment by Tony — August 30, 2011 @ 12:39 pm