PODCAST EP.48 – HOLIDAY TIME – SKIING (WITH DOUGIE PAYNE)

Podcast 48 is the first Adam Buxton Podcast Holiday Special and features an account of a trip I made with my family and some friends including Dougie Payne (bassist in the band Travis) to go skiing in the French resort of Morzine.

The trip came about thanks to Al Judge of Alikats Mountain Holidays. Al is a podcat who got in touch to invite us out to stay in one the chalets he runs with his wife Kat out in Morzine. As you can hear in the podcast, we all had a wonderful time.

Thanks to Skiidy Gonzales for getting us from Geneva airport to Morzine and to Ski Mobile for helping with equipment hire.

The podcast is back on a weekly basis in it’s usual interview format from next week for a run of 10 or so episodes.

I’ll let you know when the new Adam Buxton App (which I talk about at the end of the EP.48) is up and running.

The jolly best to you.

A Buckles

SOUNDCLOUD

Dougie following Bowie’s posing advice, me studying a rude hand, Glasgow, June 2017.

Morzine, January 2017. Dougie awaits a ramble chat.

Morzine, January 2017. Nat and Dan on the run through the trees!

Morzine, January 2017. The retro futuristic ‘termite mounds’ of Avoriaz (before it snowed).

Morzine, January 2017. Our chalet -- Riverwood Lodge.

Morzine, January 2017. Cool guy on ski lift (glasses under goggles!)

3/4 of Travis with Bowie (2002?) Posing advice: ‘Maximum Teeth!’

Filed under ADAM BUXTON PODCAST and PODCASTS

• Well we knew it would happen eventually, like so many others Adam has sold out to Big Ski.. :D

I loved this episode. Very different, very funny, and some great one-off jingles in there, thanks for doing it Adam!

As an aside, living on a plane sounds like a hellish nightmare.

Comment by WalkingCloud — September 15, 2017 @ 6:55 am

• Hey Adam. I really liked the new format. A touch of Judith Chalmers, perhaps. Vanilla ramblechats are always a delight but don’t be shy of saying yes to another free holiday on our behalf. Moreover, don’t be shy of doing another diary format on any adventure of your choosing.

Lovely to have you back after the summer break.

Comment by David Amor — September 15, 2017 @ 4:47 pm

• I enjoy all your podcasts and ramblechats but I really like the odd ones that are less about the guest and more about whatever you’re doing. The one you made about being sick was amazing, and I liked that freeform element of the beginning of this one too.

Comment by Eric O — September 16, 2017 @ 4:54 pm

• Adam, this was probably one of my favourite episodes of them all! Personally, I enjoy the ones you’ve done that are about you as I think you have more freedom to make them funnier and more creative. The skiing documentary part (first half) of the podcast I had a massive grin the whole time. Just so funny! I’m also potentially going on my first ski holiday next year so this was also very relevant to me :)

Keep it up! Love you, byeeeeeeeee!

Comment by Ollie — September 21, 2017 @ 11:47 am

• I’ve forgotten the Bowie pose advice! What is it again please?

Comment by Tom Smith — September 21, 2017 @ 1:05 pm

• I listened to this just before seeing the brilliant film ‘Force Majeure’ which is coincidently also skiing related. It was hard to not think about Adam during the film as a series of excruciatingly awkward scenes played out like re-enactments of classic Dr Buckles tales.

Comment by Stephen — September 22, 2017 @ 2:08 pm

• Sorry Adam, but if all your episodes were like this I would stop listening. I know you got a free holiday out of it, which is awesome, but it was a poor listen.

In general im a big fan.

Not trolling. Just tough love. x

Comment by Tom — October 3, 2017 @ 9:36 am

• I went to Morzine in 2004 for a short holiday. My inlaws paid for it… I’m not mad on snow and not the least bit interested in ski-ing. I go to Greece every year now.

Comment by Karl Eldridge — October 3, 2017 @ 9:45 pm