PODCAST EP.50 – MAE MARTIN

Podcast episode 50 features a conversation with award-winning Canadian stand up comic and actor Mae Martin recorded on the 8th May 2017, a few days after Mae’s 30th birthday.

We talked Beatles, tattoos, turning 30, polysexuality, bear threats, astral projection and got a few podcast and parlour game recommendations. Mae also told me about her wayward youth! It was a fun convo.

Thanks to Seamus Murphy Mitchell for production support and Matt Lamont for additional editing.

I done the music & jingles. You’re welcome.

A Bxt

SOUNDCLOUD

• I have asked my friend from Melbourne to get you an invite to the festival. She knows everybody (not really). This is on condition that you stop over in Hong Kong and do a show. Bill Bailey did a show in Hong Kong and loved the Black Kites (birds of prey).

Comment by Sean Frost — October 1, 2017 @ 6:12 am

• Adam what’s the name of the children’s book/story you both recommended? Nice ramble chat :)

Comment by Daniel Pearce — October 4, 2017 @ 6:24 pm

• Daniel Pearce – pretty sure it was “Nothern Lights”: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NorthernLights(novel)

Comment by Paul Notley — October 6, 2017 @ 6:08 pm

• I’m sure i’ve left a comment before at some point in the past, but just thought there was no harm in saying it again, absolutely love your podcast… it’s a completely new way of doing things some might say! The jingles are amazing, some of the more atmospheric synthy ones I could listen to for hours, I wish you’d release some as full length tracks, or even an album, perhaps you already have and i’m just not aware of it! Well thanks for the laughs and great audio treats, i’m sure I speak for many when I say they bring a lot of joy! Hope you’ll do another show in Belfast sometime! Take care!

Comment by Peter — October 8, 2017 @ 6:28 pm

• Hi Adam, Long time listener etc. I’d never heard of Mae Martin before this podcast and thought she was funny and great. My main issue is that I don’t know enough about good current stand up or international comedy in general. That in itself isn’t a massive problem but I live in Adelaide and every year we have the Adelaide fringe which features 100s of comedy shows. And because I don’t know enough about the acts I tend to either see very little or just stick with the few people I know. And the reason I play it safe is because of my second big issue. I hate bad comedy. So I was thinking that perhaps as you are someone in the know and clearly have good taste in that area you could write a list of the 100 best current comedians and publish it on your blog or something. It wouldn’t have to be in any particular order so you could avoid upsetting people. What do you think?

Comment by Rob Thorpe — October 11, 2017 @ 4:48 am