PODCAST EP.54 – BILL BURR

Episode 54 features a conversation with American stand up comedian Bill Burr about YouTube fail videos, on line critics and hecklers, conspiracy theories, family life and other important stuff. It was recorded during my trip to Los Angeles earlier this year (March 2017) at the legendary Comedy Store.

BILL BURR’S MONDAY MORNING PODCAST

EVIDENCE FOR MOON LANDINGS

Thanks to Seamus Murphy Mitchell for production support and Matt Lamont for additional editing.

Music & jingles by Adam Buxton

SOUNDCLOUD

• Hello Mr Buxton, Great podcast as usual, but what happened to Mr Oak Tree? I was expecting you to have a little chat with him on your way home with Rosie. His philosophical musings were much missed. Will he be back next time? Sara xox

Comment by Sara — October 27, 2017 @ 7:50 pm

• A fun interview! Massive fan of Bill Burr despite, as Adam points out, his ability to make for uneasy listening if you are a bit of a lefty. Love the podcasts so much… But yeah, where’s the wise old oak tree? ????

Comment by David — October 29, 2017 @ 7:22 am

• I’m moved to leave a comment here for the first time as I’m relieved to finally har of someone who thinks the same things as me about Blade Runner 2049. I mean, I like a good 3-hour film, they’re a good way to be at peace and get away from it all, but yeah – I was loving it for the first hour, but felt like they just didn’t sustain the atmosphere. Fine story, more interesting than the first one maybe, but fairly close to inert at points. I like a bit of skronky drone music, but was really hoping for some melody to develop and give me something to sink into.

But then every single person i know is on the side of total love for it. Fair enough, but it lost me the more it went on. I thought I was alone, but I’m not alone. (I know a lot of people just flat-out hate it and think it’s boring, but i’m not on that side either).

Great conversation too. Both of you seem to be the sort of person who can listen and add ideas to a conversation and not turn different points of view into a confrontation. Peace and love, peace and love.

Comment by Ian — October 29, 2017 @ 12:29 pm

• “Who doesn’t like a bit of enjoyable fun poking” oooh matron!

Comment by claire — October 29, 2017 @ 11:10 pm

• You did seem a little bit scared of him Mr Buxton. I would be too. He’s an intimidating fellow, but a good guy I think. Thx again for your terrific pod!

Comment by Manu — October 31, 2017 @ 4:33 am

• Brilliant interview. Felt moved to just point out that NASA HAS photographed the lunar landing site. This was done in 2009 as part of the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) mission and the images are available online.

Comment by Francis — November 2, 2017 @ 8:19 am